Today I present you with coconut macaroons. These are pretty simple to make, full of coconutty flavour, soft and chewy in the middle and dipped in luscious dark chocolate.
Ideally you can make them with just 2 ingredients (condensed milk and coconut) but I like to take it to another level coz, Why not?! (Also because I was making them for Rakshabandhan)
These will take a maximum of 25 minutes from start to finish and the best part is they are egg free!
So to make them we will need :
Dry desiccated coconut 150 grams
Condensed milk 200 grams
Vanilla 1/2 tsp
Pink salt 1/4 tsp
Dark chocolate 50 grams
You can of course leave out the glitter if you don't have it and don't want to buy it for just one recipe. I have it and so I used it.
The procedure can't get any simpler than this:
1. Preheat oven @165 degrees centigrade, grease baking tray very well with oil or line it with parchment paper and keep the water to boil.
2. Dump the coconut, condensed milk, vanilla and salt in a mixing bowl and mix till everything comes together and makes a sticky but not too wet dough.
3. Then using a tablespoon measure the mixture and dump on the greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Do this till you use up the entire mixture. This quantity makes 15 macaroons. You can multiply the quantities of you want to make more.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. After baking let it cool for 2 minutes on the tray them transfer to a cooling rack.
6. By this time the water would have to a boil, switch off the flame and keep another bowl with chocolate on top of this bowl to melt the chocolate.
7. It'll take around 3 to 4 minutes for the chocolate to melt completely and by this time the macaroons would have cooled more.
8. Dip the bottom of each macaroon in the melted chocolate and use the excess chocolate to drizzle on top.
9. Sprinkle the glitter on top.
10. Chill until the chocolate hardens. Store in a airtight jar for upto 4 days. Enjoy!
Enjoy this sweet treat with your family on rakshabandhan or on any day.
Get in your kitchen, make this delicious coconut macaroons. I am sure you'll make everybody happy and honestly this doesn't requires much efforts too!
Hope you give this amazing recipe a try. If you do please share your photos with me on instagram(@vidhigala7) using #vidhicooks and #cookingwithvidhi.
The video recipe as usual will be on my instagram so make sure you check that out too.
Happy rakshbandhan to all of you.