Broken wheat also know as dhaliya in Hindi and lapsi in Gujarati is a very nutritious form of wheat.
It can also form a basis for a lot of salads and is also used in making sweets on various occasions in our household.
The ingredients required are:
1 bowl Bulgar/broken wheat , boiled
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp Chilli flakes
2 tbsp green Peas
2 tbsp green chutney
1. In a small pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and chilli flakes.
2. Cook for 10 seconds then add the green peas.
3. Next add the salt, water and green chutney.
4. When the peas cooks and the water dries up add the cooked broken wheat.
5. Cook till it heats up or for around 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve hot along with cold thick yogurt and green beans and tomato salad (the recipe for which is on my blog )
Check out my Instagram @vidhigala7 for the video recipe.
I hope you give this tasty recipe a try and if you do please share your photos with me on instagram using the #vidhicooks or #cookingwithvidhi
Untilnext time,keep cooking.